Monday, May 24, 2010

Recovering from Vacations

Back to the grind...  have been gone to the beach for a solid week!  It was beautiful, weather perfect, surrounded by 2 precious grand babies and 2 of our 4 children, no oil in sight, no crowds, pure delight.  So, why do I feel like poopookaka?  Could it be because I actually SAW myself in a swim suit and made up my mind that, as soon as I got home, I'd hit the ground running with exercise??  Yep.  I did.  So, for 2 days, I've water jogged in the pool wearing 3 pound weights on both ankles plus weights on my wrists.  I even went walking for an additional 3 miles afterward.  After 6 days of unrepentant snacking, unbiblical gorging, and voracious grazing, I deserved post-vacation exercise pain. Well, it's time to get ready for work and  I can't move.  I'm 'stove up' from sleeping like a potential corpse brought on by all that stupid exercise. What was I thinking??  What made me think that I could pay for 6 days of "calories don't stick when you're out of town" thinking with just 2 days of "a little exercise and this will fall off" behavior modification?  I must have been out of my mind!  Well, I've learned something valuable about myself.  ... something that I think I'll be embracing from now on:  I shed guilt a lot faster and easier than pounds.  So, with that new resolve, I'm calling in sick claiming that I'm suffering from post-vacation exhaustion and then, I'm headed back to bed!!!  Happy Last Week of May everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

background