Friday, February 19, 2010

Pointy little boobie cups

Well, it's the weekend for the Miss Meridian Pageant.  I only found that out about an hour ago!  I didn't even know that we still had that pageant.  Yet, it was HUUUGGGEEE  way back when...well, when I was in it!  It was so long ago that Moses was the emcee.  In fact, when I was in it, we had to have the dreaded bathing suit competition. It was so long ago, that I actually had a figure and didn't mind wearing the white, one piece suit with the modesty panel (remember those?  if you don't, don't ask).. and the pointy little boobie cups.  It was so long ago that there was very little of ME in those little pointy things!  45 years later, Madonna wears the same looking thing out on stage and makes megabucks!..but I digress.  Anyway, tomorrow night 5 young women will be competing for the "crown" (heck, they may give an ipod now instead of a crown).. I'm telling you, it was a lonnngggg time ago since I was on that stage.  At any rate, whomever the winner is, she gets to go on to the Miss Mississippi Pageant in Vicksburg.  when she gets there, though, many things will be the same:  she'll be nervous, scared and shaking, her parents will be prouder than than the winning pig at the county fair and she'll still be wearing a bathing suit in front of a gazillion people.  One thing, however, will definitely be different... she won't be sportin' no pointy little boobies looking like two weapons of mass destruction.  Good luck girls!

5 comments:

  1. Mrs. Sidney, I seriously doubt there was "very little" of you in those pointy things. Were there ever "very little" where that was concerned with you? :) I just can't imagine it being so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me on that one. One day, you'll know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you need to dig up a picture of you in the Miss Meridian Pageant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, but nice try. Actually, I don't believe I have a picture from then, other than the one that was on the Johnny Carson show..and I'm not even going there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH PLEASE!!! You can at least scan it in and email it to me. =) Or maybe I can google it! lol

    ReplyDelete

background