Monday, April 26, 2010

Saying goodbye to Frank Tucker, MD....

It's happened to everyone but we're never ready.  You have a wonderful chat with a dear friend or loved one on one day and then "the call" comes...they're "gone" forever.  You can't believe what you're hearing on the other end of the call. " It can't be!"  "I was just talking to them yesterday!".... And so it was for me and my good friend, Dr. Frank Tucker, Surgeon.  Our offices are next door to each other and almost daily we had a moment of cutting up, or political yak-yak, or whatever.  I say he was a dear friend....anyone that knew him be it family, patient or friend, would call him the same thing.. "a dear friend".  He was intensely opinionated  and never waivered or backed down, stood toe to toe with you if your opinion differed, but still allowed you to have your say.  There are some people who come into your life and make a dent in your world.. and Frank Tucker was just such a man.  How blessed so many of us are to have been allowed the privilege of sharing this planet with him and we are the better for it.  I'll miss his elevator jokes, hearing him whistle, sharing lunch, and just knowing he was there.   Thank you for all you gave us,  Dr. T...but I find solace in knowing...one day....I'll be seeing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

background